Never do this when your phone is wet
Luke Schilhab accidentally got into a swimming pool with his iPhone 6s still in his pocket. His phone was drenched and it quickly switched off.
Following the DIY’s on internet to save the drenched smartphone, on Saturday, he decided to put his waterlogged iPhone in a container of rice. This hack has worked for many so far.
He took his phone out of the rice container on the Sunday evening, but it still didn’t turn on. Out of habit, he left his phone in his bed and went to sleep. The next morning, he accidentally rolled over his phone.
He felt a severe burning sensation on his stomach. He switched on the light to check what happened. Luke was shocked to see it was his iPhone that burned him.
In the afternoon, he went to his doctor where he was diagnosed with second-degree burns.