This man wanted to get rid of cockroaches in his house

This man wanted to get rid of cockroaches in his house

Photo Credit: Thinkstock

While DIY experiments around the house can be fun to indulge in, one should not forget to leave some things to the professionals — as this man’s adventure proves. Fed up with the crawling roaches in his house, a Mount Isa man tried to burn them in his kitchen. His choice of weapon? An ignited can and insect spray.

However, his aggressive actions did not prove to be as effective as he accidentally caused an explosion in his house. Queensland Fire and Emergency Services said the man suffered lacerations to his head and hand from shrapnel from the explosion, as reported by ABC News. The explosion also caused the windows to shatter and significantly damaged the kitchen and walls of the house. The police mentioned that the pest spray had clear labels warning against exposing it to a naked flame.